|Job Title||Billing Specialist I*|
|Location||Lafayette, LA*||*Position is based out of Lafayette, LA|
- Generate monthly invoices for customers
- Work customer correspondence to ensure payments are applied to correct invoices
- Daily download of deposits received
- Posting of all deposits into accounting software
- Work exceptions report for any deposits that did not post
- Answer incoming calls for billing departments
- Collection and maintenance of all paperwork, including referrals, prior authorization forms and cancellation forms
- Ensure accuracy of customer demographic information and audit practices
- Process payments and credits
- Stop billing process on cancelled customers and create refunds if necessary
- Receive and process mail
- Assist customer service group as needed; other tasks as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Billing Experience, 1-2 years preferred.
- Must be PC literate with some familiarity with MS Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read/interpret documents such as operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports/correspondence.